The Avionics Field Technician plays a significant role in the installation and modification of customer owned aircraft. This is accomplished through on-site installation of Innovative Solutions & Support products on various airframes depending on customer requirements at locations throughout the world.
- Work in a team environment that will allow for timely and accurate installations of IS&S products.
- On-site support of IS&S auto throttle installations.
- On-site support of IS&S product troubleshooting.
- On-site or at IS&S product training for customers that perform installations.
- Harness fabrication for numerous IS&S kits.
- Test and troubleshoot new and returned IS&S products.
- Successfully integrate new wiring into existing wire bundles.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to Supervisor on installation issues found during the install period.
- Develop and communicate solutions to installation problems that may arise during the install to Supervisor.
- Answer customer technical questions about product capabilities, and installation of IS&S products via phone, e-mail, letter or onsite.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determining a technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications.
- Provide assistance during aircraft integration, ground and flight testing as well as supporting ongoing installation of IS&S products.
- Assist engineering and production groups by identifying potential product improvements, modifications and enhancements aligned with customer specifications.
- Airframe and Power-plant (A&P) certification required.
- Minimum of 3 years Avionics and aircraft electrical knowledge required.
- Aircraft installation and maintenance knowledge and experience required.
- Preference given to candidates with military experience.
- Military aviation training or technical aviation education.
- Able to travel on short notice.
- FCC license a plus.
- Must be capable of surveying aircraft.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain good relationships with customer representatives and mechanics at all levels.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, associated software and other business tools as required.
- Position will require travel by air and automobile with associated physical demands.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
- May be required to work long hours.
All IS&S positions may include duties beyond those outlined within the job description or generally expected within business. You will be expected to raise questions about any task that may be outside your physical or professional capabilities.
All IS&S associates are expected to take responsibility to assure the safety of themselves and their colleagues, the security of company facilities and the protection of proprietary information or technologies.
Innovative Solutions & Support (IS&S) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. IS&S is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, IS&S is committed to Companywide affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, protected veteran status or disability.