Yulista Integrated Solutions LLC
The Aviation Mechanic performs a full range of airframe and engine maintenance, repairs, modifications, inspections and servicing of aircraft in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certifies accomplished work.
- Perform Aircraft Maintenance IAW instructions/drawings
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties. Perform rotating break room cleaning duties.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use Government computer system to access various technical references for airframe repairs and Government training requirements.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, ventilation, and heating systems.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing, and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Troubleshoot engines and systems and use Federal Supply systems.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged components, such as alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Remove engines and gearboxes from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble and inspect airframe and other components for wear, cracks, security, or other defects. Repair or replace defective parts then reassemble and install in aircraft.
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform jacking and towing of aircraft.
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Research the technical library and other applicable technical documentation (such as
- manufacturers' and DHS/DOD maintenance manuals, service bulletins, engineering and technical data) to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Perform progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
- Examine engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks.
- Listen to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burnt valves. Inspects jet engines and components for cracks, corrosion, FOD, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, and missing segments.
- Inspect jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks. Tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
- Perform full system checkouts and complete servicing on all aircraft systems.
- Provide technical direction to Aircraft Mechanic Helpers and Aircraft Workers.
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- May require knowledge of and experience performing maintenance on the following aircraft:
UH-60 A/L, UH-60 M, 407, 206, OH-58, AH 64 D, AH-64E, CH-47 F, MC-130J, HC-130,
C-130, C-26, EC-145, EC-135, LUH-72, UC-35, 407, V22, AH-IF, COBRA, APACHE
- Must be capable of carrying items up to 40 pounds. Heavier items must seek assistance of other workers or weight lifting devices
- Must be capable of performing tasks in cramped, awkward, and strained positions and/or climbing up and down ladders, work platforms, scaffolding, and aircraft structures.
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, pulling, sitting, standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and stretching for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret all aircraft instruments.
- Use special test equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 4 years’ experience with 2 years using military standards and specifications
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- A&P License Preferred
A fast paced multi-tasking customer service oriented environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. Adaptability regarding schedule and task changes is necessary to accommodate changing priorities. Overtime may be required.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.