The Aviation Accessory Technician will perform maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Services Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Test limited fuel, oil, or air accessories (Excluding fuel controls and governors).
- Utilize hand tools daily.
- Utilize specialty tools for precision measurements daily.
- Read and interpret technical data and drawings.
- Operate test equipment as needed to ensure components pass function test.
- Verify that all components are tested to the appropriate specifications to ensure airworthiness.
- Troubleshoot components failing test or set up to determine root cause of failure.
- Generate data plates for components completed with use of a laser system.
- Document maintenance records of all repair work orders performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High mechanical aptitude required.
- 1-3 years of aviation accessary experience required.
- Flexible to changing workloads/priorities based on customer requirements.
- Maintain an orderly and productive work environment.
- Ability to function in fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and data required.
- Basic computer operating skills.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Apply Now