Responsible for but not limited to installation of Audio Visual Systems, pulling cable, terminating and testing endpoints, installing displays, projectors, screens, speakers, inputs, control panels and system peripherals.
This position also pays a monthly $250.00 mileage assistance payment and $15.00 monthly cell/data reimbursement.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optic cables as needed.
- Route cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications as needed.
- Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Follow system diagrams for installation per spec or guidance from Job Lead or Project Manager.
- Verify all cables, connectors, hardware and tools needed for project completion are available.
- Properly label all cables.
- Perform any necessary red-line changes as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly job site.
- Ensure that the job is completed to NetPlanner Systems and industry standards for a safe and fully functional system.
- Report project progress to job leads and Project Manager.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
- Submit all paperwork on time.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Company Conformance Statement
- Perform quality work within assigned deadlines with and/or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordination of work efforts with other team members, departments, or organizations.
- 1 year minimum in low voltage cabling and systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and system drawings.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable transportation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Regularly exposed to work in non-climate controlled environments.
- May be exposed to airborne particles and dirt in outdoor or construction environments.
- Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly:
Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach and with hands and arms, for up to eight hours daily.
- Must be able to coordinate hands and eyes while using automated tools and equipment.
- Must be able to handle a variety of items, equipment, control knobs, switches, etc.
- Must be able to use one hand for twisting or turning motions while coordinating other hand with different activities. Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders (8 feet routinely)
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl in all environments (basements, crawl spaces, attic/ceilings, etc.).
NetPlanner Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.