At NAES, you’ll find engaging and challenging career opportunities in the power generation, renewable energy and industrial construction industry. At every level of the company, we share a common goal: To instill confidence in our clients through our steadfast commitment to safety, integrity and quality of work.
NAES is largest independent operator of power facilities in the industry, operating more than 190 power plants throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the UK that span all technologies and provide over 49 GW of capacity. With the strength of 4000 people, our growing family of companies now addresses the entire life cycle of power generation and other industrial plants.
NAES is committed to supporting a culture with unique perspectives and backgrounds. We value individual differences in each other in an effort to create a brighter future in the power generation industry. We strive to attract and retain employees by offering an inclusive work environment, competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional opportunities.
The Auxiliary Operator (AO) assists in the safe and efficient operation of the power plant and the supporting equipment and systems. This position works under the direction of the Control Room Operator, reports to the Operations Manager, and will serve primarily as a relief operator.
- Holds Safety and Environment compliance as the highest priorities, to include; understanding and complying with all applicable Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) procedures and policies, maintaining a safe working environment, and following good housekeeping practices
- Serves as a member of the Plant On-Site Confined Space Rescue Team
- Performs Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, and other Safety process functions as required
- Corrects and reports unsafe conditions or hazards to the Operations Manager
- Performs routine rounds, documents equipment and system readings, performs preventive maintenance tasks, and logs plant conditions
- Performs chemical analysis on plant systems to ensure that required water purity is maintained and within specification
- Operates plant equipment (trucks, telehandler lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Prepares legible and understandable work requests and purchase requests for required predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance
- Assists maintenance technicians as directed by the Control Room Operator or Operations Manager in the troubleshooting, repair, and testing of equipment
- Responds to all alarms and malfunctions of plant operations and takes the necessary corrective measures
- Performs routine predictive, preventive, and basic corrective maintenance in accordance with technical manual procedures
Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each employee’s performance.
The Auxiliary Operator reports to the Operations Manager, takes direction from the Control Room Operator and cooperates with all plant personnel relative to the operation and maintenance of the facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical requirements include standing on feet for extended periods of time, stair and ladder climbing, and routinely lifting up to 50 pounds. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.). Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
- Experienced in power plant operations/maintenance including safety and environmental procedures and compliance, water treatment process and analysis, steam cycle theory, thermodynamics, generator/electrical theory, and routine plant maintenance. Combined Cycle plant experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret PID’s and equipment manuals
- A strong aptitude in math and mechanical/electrical skills is desired.
- Ability to work rotating or varying shifts in a high performance work environment with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and team skills
- A working knowledge of Excel and PC based applications
- Valid driver's license required
NAES is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.