- Tack off surface to be painted
- Prime and or paint the interior, white roof or black rubrails and warning lights
- Self-inspect to minimize defects
- This is a hands on training position
- Notify Cell Leader when issues arise
- Operate within standard operating procedures and job safety analysis
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Understanding defects and how to identify them
- Some knowledge and understanding of paint equipment and its function
- Attend daily safety department meetings
- Good hand eye coordination
- Communicate with supervisors and other team members throughout their shift to ensure daily tasks are clear
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Responsive to quality feedback for needed corrective action
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Must pass Medical Respiratory Evaluation
- Work in manufacturing environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, and fumes
- Fast-paced environment with moving objects, sharp edges, and congested working areas
- Will be pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching overhead, grasping, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must meet established quality and production standards
- Practice good housekeeping
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must meet established attendance policy and work overtime when required
- Must perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Blue Bird’s winning culture is fueled by our ability to respect, encourage, celebrate and embrace the unique perspectives of all of our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who is committed to providing all of our employees with a work environment free of discrimination or harassment. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national, social or ethnic origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.