Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is looking for a sharp Systems/Software Automation Engineer to join our growing Mission Solutions team. This Systems/Software Engineer will be joining teams responsible for the development of next generation software for satellite command and control systems, utilizing modern technologies in a variety of multi-tenant environments.
Seeking experienced systems engineer or developer to join team building and supporting next generation service automation for ground systems. Position is primarily development of services and solutions along with documentation and occasional support of active users.
Why this job is exciting:
- Work that matters – supporting the Space warfighter through development and integration of modern solutions
- New challenges every day – working with this program will give you wide exposure to emerging defense technologies from ground to surface to space to cyber
- Ability to sponsor, maintain, and/or upgrade security clearances
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Willingness and ability to obtain and/or maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Extensive experience deploying and/or maintaining heterogenous environments and/or applications.
- Automation experience using established technologies (examples: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Puppet, etc)
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- Team-oriented personality
- Agile mindset and likes to tackle complex problems and take initiative and responsibility
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience in two or more of the following services/solutions:
- Experience in at least one of the following virtualization or cloud technologies (examples: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, RHEV)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (examples: Nagios, Splunk, Elk Stack, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing service configurations for Message Broker technologies (examples: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, WebSphere MQ, etc)
- Experience working with container technologies (examples: Kubernetes/Docker/Podman/Tanzu/Rancher/AWS EKS, etc)
- Experience working with messaging servers (examples: Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, WebSphereMQ, ZeroMQ, GMSEC, etc.)
- Experience working with Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
- Experience working with IDAM solutions (examples: Active Directory, FreeIPA, etc)
- Experience working with PKI implementations
- Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, python, PERL, etc.)
- Solid understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Documenting test results for corrective actions
- Interacting with databases (examples: MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience implementing services with HA capabilities
- Experience automating the configuration of services via manipulating complex files in formats such as XML, json, etc.
- Experience with common Kubernetes orchestration technologies -- OpenShift, Rancher, GKS, AWS EKS, etc.
- Experience with industry standard patch maintenance systems such as Satellite and WSUS
- Design, implement and automate software as necessary for large-scale command and control systems
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Apply agile development practices and techniques to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
- Leads design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and resolves issues
- Develops and reviews integrated technical and programmatic documentation
- Software configuration management tools (examples: git, BitBucket, Jira, etc.)
- Ability to perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department
Security Clearance Requirements: None required to start, but must have willingness and ability to obtain and retain TS/SCI.
This position pays a minimum annual salary of $92,200.00 and a maximum annual salary of $161,400.00.
Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.