Aludyne is recognized as the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world. We have over 30 strategically located facilities across the globe, with leading market shares in several key regions. With this infrastructure, we are able to serve our global customers as well as meet the needs of local demands of speed, flexibility and efficiency.
At Aludyne, we aim to recruit and retain smart, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to customers, and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference.
Benefits We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
The Automation Robot Technician is responsible for the development, enhancements, programming, debugging, troubleshooting and implementation of new robotic systems using 2D and 3D Vision system on Fanuc Robot platform by supporting any existing or new automation and assembly automated systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering, integration, programming and commissioning of automated systems.
- Develop system drawings using AutoCAD to produce engineering and production documentation as required using various Microsoft Office applications.
- Develops PC/PLC logic, servo motion, and HMI displays utilizing applicable software.
- Determines cell layout and develops robot programs.
- Works closely with Production and Project Engineering in the development, application and requisitioning of applicable project requirements and implementation timelines.
- Engineers and programs appropriate safety circuits for automated equipment and cells.
- Updates existing systems as required.
- Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor.
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Lockout; P.P.E. and Ergonomics.
- Complies with the current revision of RIA ANSI/RIA R15.06 Safety requirements for industrial robots and robot systems, NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety Requirements for Employee Workplaces, NFPA/ANSI 79 Electrical Standard for industrial equipment, ANSI/UL 1740 Safety Standard for robots and robotic equipment, Montague Operations Electrical Build Standards, and all other applicable standards governing the installation and safety of automated systems.
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job.
- Assists the maintenance department with troubleshooting production equipment.
Work is done in a fast paced manufacturing environment with minimum supervision. Routine responsibilities and duties involve the use of various procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standards of practice, requiring the use of good judgment and sound engineering practices. Engineering and implementation must be done precisely and completely.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in automation systems
- Teach Pendant Programming – Fanuc Robot
- Fanuc Robot 2D and 3D vision
- Robot interface and integration design.
- Fanuc FAPT ladder II and III programming is a plus.
- Industrial Vision Systems and their applications (Keyence, Cognex, GVI)
- PC office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Design of Electrical Panels, Wiring Diagrams and Cables
- PLC Programming – Allen Bradley 5000, Siemens Step 7/TIA Portal
- Network experience – Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet
- Employees are expected to work onsite to attend in person meetings and collaborate as necessary
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.