Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate – which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients’ lives each and every day – our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA—our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
In this role, you will effectively plan and guide Engineering department, ensuring quality product and operational efficiencies are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering assistance to assure plant, machinery and processes are at an optimum level.
- Provide assistance and make recommendations to Division Engineering on a timely basis.
- Administrator of the maintenance management software.
- Ensure plant is in compliance with OSHA and local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Routinely evaluate and review employee performance.
- Write validation, user requirements, equipment specification and other documents as needed.
- Promote and support a Lean Manufacturing environment within the facility.
- Improve processes and procedures to manufacture a quality product at a minimum cost.
- Quotes new automation lines, engineering services, etc. for new and existing customers. Develops suppliers and maintain audit. Develops design concepts for new Automation.
- Provide leadership to engineers. Provide and schedule tools and supplies for departments. Assume responsibility for various engineering projects as assigned.
- Facilitate meetings with the customer both on and off site to determine the needs, requirements, and customer specifications. Establishes relationships with customer and automation suppliers in pursuit of win‐win results and ongoing business.
- Provide and schedule training for the department. Purchases tooling related equipment in accordance with the company policy.
- Responsible for project cost accounting and delivering projects on schedule and at budget.
- Provides a “Customer Service” attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production, and achieving quality standards.
- Maintain machine and plant equipment drawings.
- Manage and oversee the functioning of the site engineering groups.
- Develop initial project scope, timeline, savings and cost estimations.
- Write PER (Project Expenditure Request) and project justification documents.
- Develop equipment requirements.
- Research new technologies and methodologies to use in the plant.
- Present justification to management and/or customer to attain approvals.
- Lead project teams and team meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's in Engineering or Science field is preferred.
- Experience: 8-10 years of experience
- 8+ years of managerial or supervisory experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflows, production equipment and industrial techniques.
- Must have effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Six sigma green belt preferred.
- Strong mechanical background and experience with CAD and SAP systems a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 10-20% of the time
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to perform job duties as required with limited physical demands
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in order to apply to West, please send an email to [email protected]. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.