Allied Reliability is seeking talented individuals for an Automation Engineering Technician opportunity with an industry leading manufacturer in Frederick, MD.
A successful candidate must have the motivation to excel in each essential function described herein. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform these essential functions.
- Analyzes data to identify where quantifiable improvements will have the most impact in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment and manage those identified improvements at a multi production line, high speed asphalt roofing manufacturing facility.
- Identifies gaps in automation deployment and makes necessary modifications in PLC programs to fill gaps to drive results; report results up the chain of command as high as executive leadership.
- Facilitates change management and sustainment documentation such as engineering drawings, manuals, process flow diagrams, and spare parts lists.
- Works cooperatively with a cross functional team of Engineers, Operations, and Maintenance personnel, understanding the needs of each department’s primary focus
- Leads or participates as a Subject Matter Expert on teams both locally to our manufacturing facility, and as company-wide representation across manufacturing facilities.
- Drives toward results and manages changes of varying customer focus such as evaluating and improving current manufacturing systems and reliability of electrical, controls systems on machinery which is exposed to abrasive materials.
- Manages multiple simultaneous projects, utilizing site's Project Management Process and Tracking System for all assignments:
- Writes project specifications for vendor bids, including project scope development
- Communicates and train on all changes and improvements to the customer
- Facilitates change management and documentation of all improvements
- Flexible and adaptive, able to thrive in a fast changing environment, constantly re-prioritizing and rapidly executing with integrity.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience OR
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with an associates degree OR
- Minimum 2 year of professional experience with a 4 year degree
- Expert in PLC Programming (Siemens preferred)
- Expert in Servo and Variable Frequency Drives programming and tuning experience (Siemens preferred)
- Proficient user of Siemens Starter program
- Knowledgeable and driven to implement company Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning initiative as part of all projects and improvements
- Knowledgeable in reading, updating and creating electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical
- Knowledgeable user of Microsoft Office.
- Empowered, self-directed individual who is capable of prioritizing work load and resources to provide the most benefit to the production process.
Preferred Experience – Not required for application but will benefit consideration:
- Experience with process control and PID tuning
- HMI programming experience (Wonderware preferred)
- Experience in roofing manufacturing or web process handling
- Machine Vision or Vision Inspection Systems installation and programming experience
- Experience with IIOT Devices
- Field service technician background preferred
- NEC, and Electrical Distribution Knowledge and Experience