At Oshkosh, we build, serve and protect people and communities around the world by designing and manufacturing some of the toughest specialty trucks and access equipment. We employ over 15,000 team members all united by a common purpose. Our engineering and product innovation help keep soldiers and firefighters safe, is critical in building and keeping communities clean and helps people do their jobs every day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for service delivery and project deliverables within the global infrastructure environment. This role will identify gaps, needs, and lead improvement efforts to improve service delivery. This role will be considered a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more key technologies under the infrastructure domain which includes on premise and public cloud infrastructure. It is expected that this role will operate independently, solve complex problems, and fulfill requests with minimal supervision.
Within the role, team members support peer infrastructure groups responsible for technologies such as hardware, virtualization platforms, web services and databases.
HOW YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Design, plan and build infrastructure solutions of medium to high complexity to meet the requests of the assigned global infrastructure area.
- Improve current solutions through process improvements and/or automations.
- Design and create a service catalog to provide infrastructure automation workflows to support back-office infrastructure teams.
- Provide third level support for infrastructure operations for newly deployed solutions.
- Serve as a project resource on application and infrastructure project efforts representing functional capabilities.
- Assist with gathering requirements, creating recommendations, and implementing solutions to meet the project requirements.
- Provide knowledge sharing, as recognized SME, in efforts such as writing complex knowledge articles, relationship development with other Information Technology (IT) staff, mentoring, and job shadowing.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Five (5) or more years automating infrastructure operations or similar process improvements.
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, vRealize Automation or similar tools.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Information Technology experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment.
- Ability to work remote in an effective manner.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with public and private cloud infrastructure design.
- Experience with deploying and patching Linux server systems using RedHat Satellite.
- Experience with VMware and server virtualization technology.
- Experience with server operating systems such as Linux RedHat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, and Windows Server 2012 and above.
- Experience with enterprise storage concepts (Block storage; Network Attached Storage; Replication and DR design and monitoring).
- Experience with backup and recovery concepts (EMC Avamar and Data Domain).
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (NTFS, DFS, and file services).
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.