National Carwash Solutions has grown over the past 45 years to become North America’s largest equipment, service, and cleaning solutions provider in the car wash industry. Our world-class brands are backed by the largest service network in the country with more than 300 dedicated service professionals and growing! Come join us for an extraordinary career in a high growth, team-oriented company!
As an Automation Engineer, you will support development on systems and projects as it relates to designing, simulating, programming, and testing automation processes while managing schedule and operability.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Control design and development, selection and testing of electrical components, preparation of specifications, design of testing procedures, calculations, research and report preparation with support/direction of leadership
- Work with other team members to integrate designs with large scope development projects
- Provide support for new products through innovative Present and recommend alternative solutions by examining such criteria as reusing existing hardware/software versus new designs, cost versus benefits, reliability, scheduling, etc.
- Execute tasks among multiple projects concurrently
- Develop and manage priorities to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Design effective product solutions, Identify opportunities for product improvements and/or cost reductions.
- Support engineering of core systems across multiple platforms
- Function as a technical resource to other team members
- Collaborate with members of the mechanical and electrical engineering teams
- Maintaining CAD, product data management, program data management, ERP/MRP systems
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement through researching and sourcing innovative, cost-efficient business solutions and making recommendations to leadership
- Execute work tasks in accordance with standard procedures and policies
- Comply with all applicable OSHA, EPA, electrical codes, UL standards, local regulatory laws, and company safety policies
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering , Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Associates degree in relatable field with equivalent experience will be accepted
- Min 2 years experience with machine programming. PLC programming (IEC 61131-3) preferred
- Min 2 years experience with electrical design CAD packages. Solidworks Electrical preferred
- Capable of design and development of machine control software and electrical control assemblies
- Knowledge of industrial electrical layouts and components
- Knowledge of various types of manufacturing equipment and limitations of equipment preferred
- Collaborate and interact with multiple teams and departments
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC NFPA 70), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 79 - Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, UL Standard 508
- Experience in LEAN environment, preferred
- Exposure to testing development, execution, interpretation
- Minimal travel required with limited notice to identify and assist with field equipment problems or other related engineering activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining organization, be highly motivated, focus on accuracy of execution, exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel) and Google Work Space
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities, leadership, problem solving, organizational, training, and PC skills are required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, talk, hear, and sit.
- Must stoop, bend, reach, walk; perform repetitive motions using hands to grasp, push, pull or do fine manipulations
- Intermittently lift light to medium weight up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus
Grow your career supported by an energized and passionate team, professional development, training, flexibility and opportunities for advancement. We offer competitive wages and benefits including comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k), paid time off and more.
National Carwash Solutions is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status