Overview Automation Controls Engineer Industrial Systems Division Location:
Denver, CO Job Type:
Full Time, Direct Hire Reports To:
Department Manager, Industrial Systems FLSA Status:
Exempt, STOT Eligible Salary Range & Benefits:
Salary is based on direct years of relevant experience - $65,000 - $80,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, etc. You may also be offered a bonus. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://matrixti.com/careers/benefits/ DESCRIPTION
The Controls Engineer works on a variety of automation projects, performing as a team member and on occasion a team leader. This position interacts with clients to understand and develop automation requirements and transform them into effective software solutions. This is done through the use of software engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria; using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. This position establishes client relationships and mentors less experienced engineers. Strong knowledge of PLC: Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens; HMI: Rockwell, Wonderware, Proficy; strong written and verbal communication skills, must be team-oriented. A combination of experience in process and motion control systems is ideal. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform design and engineering functions in accordance with accepted practices and company standards.
- Prepare project scopes of work, preliminary design concepts, and cost estimates for small projects. Assist in gathering field data and preparing project specifications.
- Develop high-quality, error-free industrial software programs in keeping with the defined project requirements.
- Coordinate design with other members of the project team.
- Prepare scopes of work, bills of material, specifications, cost estimates, and other necessary projects documents.
- Prepare project correspondence as required.
- Maintain positive client relationships on projects assigned.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited college or university
- One to five years of controls, automation, and electrical troubleshooting and start-up experience.
- Varied industrial background is a plus. Key industries include food, chemical, pharmaceuticals, steel, glass, and manufacturing.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-30%, both locally and overnight
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position must also be able to perform industrial field work which may include hazardous locations, ladders, and stairs.
At Matrix Technologies, our core values define our culture and we live out those values in everything we do. We call this “The Matrix Way.” We strive for a culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration, engagement, and talent development. Our culture reflects what the modern workforce wants and inspires our employees to perform their best. We support our employee’s personal goals and interests with flexible work schedules and options for increased paid time off. This focus on the employee experience is why we have been named a Top Work Place by the Toledo Blade. To ensure we are providing our customers with the best solutions from the industry’s leading experts, we encourage our employees to grow professionally by offering technical and leadership training, tuition reimbursement, memberships to professional societies, and diverse experiences.
Since 1980, Matrix Technologies, Inc. and our professional team of engineering and automation experts have been the leading single source for any process, facility, or automation engineering need. We only hire the best which allows us to provide our customers with “A Better Process for Success”. Our talented staff and processes have also earned us a spot in the Control Engineering System Integrator Hall of Fame.
Matrix Technologies is a versatile, platform-independent, full-service resource for process design, automation and information system engineering. We have a commitment to our clients and it shows with 87% of our projects being repeat engagements from satisfied customers. Matrix Technologies has expertise in oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical/biotech, aggregates, discrete manufacturing, automotive, glass, and metals.
Come see what “The Matrix Way” is all about!