DCS Automation Engineer
Huntsman’s Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Automation Engineer who will be responsible to daily process control optimization and troubleshooting. This role will support daily operations, production/ process engineers, safety studies, capital projects, continuous improvement, and other duties as assigned. This role is an active, full member of the production team, located in McIntosh, Alabama.
As the DCS Automation Engineer, you will:
- Conduct automation engineering assignments requiring creativity to analyze situations and select appropriate course of action.
- Manage the implementation of software and hardware automation projects at McIntosh.
- Develop and implement automation procedures and standards.
- Producing estimate level automation system architecture designs and bill of material generation suitable for the level of the estimate being performed on a project.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for Controls + Automation input.
- Analyzes the data and facts concerning automation engineering assignments and develop a scope of work based upon broad engineering principles and established methods in effect in the industry which is consistent with the Company’s standards and specifications.
- Manages multiple large projects/assignments simultaneously with substantial design outside discipline.
- Ensures all Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start up and qualification of assigned projects.
- Participates in design hazard reviews including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Performs LOPA validation and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) verification
- Designs/develops processes and documentation for lifecycle management of instrumented safeguards identified by hazard review studies including but not limited to: Safety Requirement Specifications for Safety Instrumented Systems, proof test procedures for instrumented protective functions, etc.
Skills and experiences required:
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related engineering field with 5+ years’ experience minimum in chemical process control engineering, or BS in Computer Science with specific industrial experience.
- Participate in Automation on-call coverage and shift coverage as required.
- Familiarity with a variety of control system concepts, practices and procedures. Develop PLC ladder logic or function block and/or DCS system development. Prefer knowledge of DCS Novatech D/3 experience.
- Requires a high level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Use of SAP, LIMS, Pi, and other math/engineering programs as needed.
- Leadership Qualities (ability to take ownership and take decisive action within a team mindset).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (can take data, input that is not well organized and organize it in a way that makes analysis possible. Proactively solve problems).
- Knowledge in programming logic, experience in BASIC, C, and VBA preferred.
- Development of configurable control and supervisory systems and historian and database program development. Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Project Experience (demonstrated ability to go from theoretical idea to implementation in the field and prove operation. Demonstrated generation of ideas)
- Practical application of Process Safety, OSHA, and EPA regulations.
- Experience with OEE, continuous improvement and Lean tools.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is preferred.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.