It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Automated Production Operator - Swing Shift - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Performs a variety of tasks associated with the production of high-quality ceramic powders using automated equipment that transforms raw materials into finished goods.
- Follow all safety procedures, completing 4-sight evaluations and near miss incidents as required. Identify opportunities for safety improvements.
- Utilize HMI touchscreen to control process equipment / systems and record quality control testing data, associating HMI graphics with physical equipment in the process area.
- Follow work instructions, specifications and special instructions in the preparation of AMP material. Report any deviation to lead or supervisor.
- Work instructions can be physical documents or instructions on HMI screen
- Must be able to read, understand and follow on-screen prompts and batch errors
- Utilize data generated by process instrumentation to determine and implement required process interventions
- Work with maintenance and engineering to troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Perform in-process testing for assigned process area, operating and maintaining both manual and automated systems.
- Operate bulk bag unloaders (BBU’s) – both manual and automated.
- Load and unload both wet and dry ball mills, either manually or with automated systems.
- Operate independently in binder/dye room – manage inventories, maintain quality and transfer to appropriate locations.
- Operate, monitor and adjust spray dryers and perform in-process quality control testing.
- Clean ball mills, tanks, spray dryers and other equipment as needed to defined requirements.
- Blend proprietary AMP formulations to meet customer specifications – manage inventories, maintain quality and transfer to appropriate locations.
- Monitor calcining kiln operation and move material and refractory as needed.
- Safely operate forklifts, straddle trucks, pallet jacks and any other material handling equipment to move material to and from locations within the facility.
- Support 5S programs in various production areas.
- May be trained in one or more specialty areas (e.g. waste water treatment, CDL licensed driver).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic reading and math skills
- Must meet all training requirements as defined by department
- Manufacturing work experience a plus
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
- Basic math and time-management skills
- Basic computer skills and comfortable interacting with touchscreen technology
- Basic mechanical aptitude with hand and power tools
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Position Specific Responsibilities (Required):
- Confined space and fall protection required for this position.
- LOTOTO required
- Forklift operation required, experience a plus
- May work any shift/ days as required
Position Specific Physical Requirements (Required):
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work from ladders when performing tasks.
- Must be able to work in a cold or hot work environment
- May be exposed to a wet or dusty work environment
- Monday - Friday
- 2:30pm - 10:30pm
Target Hiring Range
: $0.00 - $0.00
Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills and education. CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!