Operation of automatic and/or manual wire bond equipment in a clean-room environment, to manufacture high-reliability microelectronic devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret assembly instructions, drawings and work instruction processes.
- Set up and run automatic and manual wire bond equipment
- Ability to handle computers in order to fine tune machine programs.
- Written tests for ESD + wirebond and ribbon bond requirements.
- Use tools such as fine tipped tweezers, x-acto knives, vacuum pencils, dental probes, calipers, scales.
- Knowledge of periodic machines certification for bond strengths.
- Inspect and know the difference between an acceptable epoxy placement, die attach assembly, sub attached assembly and wire bond and ribbon bonds on a microelectronic device, in conformance with work instructions, drawings and specifications.
- Inspect - to the drawings/specs and procedures – the devices for defects before starting the assembly and after finishing his/her part of the assembly.
- Adhere to all ESD and other handling requirements.
- Comply with all in-house training as identified in job specific family and or specific training plan.
- Follow company 6S and continuous improvement (kaizen) objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Perform general physical activities.
- Monitor processes, materials and surroundings.
- Ability to operate Plasma Cleaners, Auto wirebond, Ribbon bond and Bond Pull machines used for microelectronic devices: K&S1488, Palomar 2460, Palomar 8000, Palomar 9000 – auto wirebonders, Palomar 2470 - auto ribbon bonder and Dage 4000, Dage 2200, Unitek MicroPull III & IV bond pull machines or Equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as an Auto wirebonder/Auto ribbon bonder in a microelectronic assembly factory.
- Familiar with MIL-PRF-38534 requirements for microelectronics’ assembly.
- Ability to work in a class 100,000 (class 8) clean room environment using clean room antistatic gowns, facemasks, hair covers etc.
- Ability to work with a 30X microscope throughout the day.
- Ability to work in manufacturing area with normal factory noise levels.
- Ability to work on a team and be a good team member.
- Ability to access documents using a computer
- Should not have a problem in using chemical based cleaning systems for cleaning build substrates etc.
- Sense of urgency, successful at meeting deadlines.
- Mechanical aptitude/dexterity and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Fluency in English Language- Reading, written & spoken
- High School Diploma /GED or equivalent experience
- Valid Permanent Resident or citizen of the United States of America
NEOTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
NEOTech has a long-standing commitment to maintaining a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment. We also want all employees to perform their duties safely and efficiently, in a manner that protects their interests and those of their co-workers. We recognize that alcohol and drug abuse pose a threat to the health and safety of NEOTech employees and to the security of the Company’s equipment and facilities. For these reasons, NEOTech is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace. Candidates being considered for hire must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test which include screening for illegal drugs and marijuana.