Auto Welder - Wire Basket Machine Operator
Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protect the world. With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions is a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification. Atkore’s commitment to quality, delivery and value helps customers realize their vision. Atkore forges relationships and shapes the future with breakthrough results, enhanced technology, and innovative product offerings.
We are currently searching for a 2nd shift Auto Welder - Wire Basket Machine Operator to be based out of Philadelphia, PA. Reporting to the Welding Supervisor, this person will be responsible for operating our wire basket welding line, quick-latch welder and crosswire straightener. The hours are 3:10 PM – 11:10 PM with occasional overtime available or required.
The ideal candidate will have 1-year manufacturing experience. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is preferred.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform setup, adjustments and operation of welding machines within the department
- Ability to use basic fabricating tools (i.e. tape measure)
- Fabricate per customer requirements adhering to specifications
- Actively participate in Atkore’s safety program
- Cross train in different areas of the shop as required
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE
- Assist with wire basket packaging needs
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of equipment with maintenance mechanic
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Ability to work 3:00 pm-11:10 pm Monday-Friday
- Technical School Welding Certificate (preferred)
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and work a 10-hour shift in a non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Atkore product knowledge (preferred)
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. The manufacturing plant is not climate controlled. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and safety work shoes. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the plant environment can be loud.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!