The Parts Specialist II provides counter service to NJDOT employees who need parts/equipment to perform their jobs. The Parts Specialist II will assist with inventory control, data entry in inventory systems, customer service, and may occasionally drive a MANCON vehicle to pick up parts. The Parts Specialist II demonstrates proficiency at sourcing parts, mastery of procedures, and exceptional customer service.
Please note that this position requires an ASE P1 and P2 certification. If you do not have both these certifications, MANCON will provide tools and materials to assist in achieving certification.
Provide quality customer service to include but not limited to the following:
- Attention to detail
- Review, familiarize with and adhere to MANCON’s SOPs and Safety Manual.
- Meet and greet customers
- Review supplied requisition forms to ensure they are properly completed (Signatures, timestamps, part numbers, descriptions and quantities)
- Answer questions regarding availability of parts
- Ask appropriate questions to ensure correct parts are researched and provided
- Inform customers when requested parts are available
Parts Pick up
- Drive vehicle to designated locations to purchase/pick up parts
- Provide company documentation to vendors as required (tax exempt form, credit references)
- Review all invoices at vendor location to ensure accuracy on pricing and quantities
- Return products to MANCON location in a timely fashion
Data Entry Requirements
- Assist in generating invoices for customer requisitions in the inventory system
- Assist in entry of vendor receiving documents in the inventory system
Inventory Management Requirements
- Assist in performing weekly inventory cycle counts
- Assist in performing counts during Wall to Wall inventories at site
- Follow established guidelines for vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Provide 24 hour support at the NJDOT location during emergencies
- Travel to vendor locations to pick up parts
- Assist with inventory research projects as requested
- Adhere to required procedures
- Participate in the MANCON continuing training program
- Assist with Store Supervisor duties as assigned
- Uses training, knowledge and experience to research and solve day-to-day issues independently
- 1 year of computer experience
- 4 years of auto/HD truck parts experience
- 24-hour availability
- Valid Driver’s License with two years driving experience
- Obtain and maintain forklift license
- Obtain and maintain P1 and P2 ASE Certification
- Current COVID-19 vaccine
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Driving, Lifting, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Walking
Physical Requirements Other
Work is mostly performed in storerooms and warehouses which may have uncontrolled temperatures and dirt/dust/damp conditions. Work is also performed in vehicles traveling to sites.