As posted by the hiring company
Job DescriptionAt Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
As the Augmented/Virtual Reality Engineer, you will have the experience to drive the Virtual Reality vision in Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) and align this vision with a larger Lockheed Martin architecture.
What You’ll Do:
• Establish the mission of the Sikorsky Virtual Reality Center
• Define a future state to satisfy customer (Internal and External) requirements for Virtual and Augmented Reality
• Align and procure hardware based on the vision moving forward
• Seamlessly transition Catia/3DX and/or CREO models to the virtually reality environment
• Advocate the use of V/R hardware/software to support error proofing and continual improvement
• Develop and perform demonstrations to show specific use cases and overall capabilities of the V/R lab.
• Lead teams to build 3D simulations using the latest in VR technology
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Demonstrated knowledge of Virtual Reality hardware and software
• Experience implementing 3D games and/or 3D simulations
• Experience presenting technical packages and troubleshooting using advanced visualization techniques
• Experience transforming models into advanced visualizations
• Experience with various forms of V/R software and hardware
Desired skills• 9 years or more of professional experience
• Experience with project management
• Experience with system development
• Experience with 3D modeling tools and pipelines
• Experience with game engines with external data elements
• Knowledge of one or more PLM/CAD tools
• Knowledge of Agile practices
• Prior leadership experience and experience as a mentor
• Ability to take calculated risks to further the future of V/R for Lockheed Martin
EEOLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Other Important InformationBy applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotelyOnsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule InformationLockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Colorado Pay StatementBenefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $102,400 - $170,600 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Executive OrderCOVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.