Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under several different brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
- Act as the subject matter expert on augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) technology and determine how the technology can be utilized within the manufacturing system, to include capability analysis, testing procedures, and execution.
- Remain educated on the cutting-edge hardware and software within the AR/VR space.
- Select the best AR/VR hardware and development environments for deployment in automotive-style manufacturing scenarios.
- Create and utilize existing 3D models for AR and VR deployments, to include basic UI/UX elements, engineering models exported from CAD software, and creating basic models from scratch in environments.
- Create accurate representations of manufacturing environments and processes for training and quality assurance purposes.
- Develop scripted, hands-on experiences designed to accurately simulate assembly work.
- Maintain application packages for AR/VR headsets used in the production environment.
- Provide inputs to business cases to help determine if AR/VR is a viable solution for various processes, to include development time, hardware cost, maintainability, and value-add within the process
Qualifications: 3-5 Recommended
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science required
- Years of Experience: P2 - 3 or more years of relevant experience required, including hands-on experience with AR/VR in an academic or industry setting; P3 - 5 or more years of relevant experience required, including hands-on experience with AR/VR in an academic or industry setting
- Software Knowledge: Python, C++/Java required; Visual Studio, Unity/Unreal, NX, or similar platforms preferred