Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Thermal Ceramics division designs, manufactures and installs a broad range of thermal insulation products that significantly reduce energy consumption and emissions in a variety of high temperature processing applications. Our product offering is extensive and covers application needs from Industrial to Commercial markets.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £950m (2021), ~7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Thermal Ceramics, a global manufacturer of thermal insulation products serving multiple markets, is searching for a diligent and professional Audit & Compliance Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring our business operations and procedures comply with statutory, legal regulations, and internal policies throughout the Americas region.
The Audit & Compliance Administrator is responsible for a range of duties including coordination of external & internal audits, evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing and documenting company processes, and leading training sessions. The position requires excellent communication skills, knowledge of latest industry procedures and regulations, and a broad knowledge of diverse financial functions in manufacturing and general business.
The Audit & Compliance Administrator will engage regularly with the Americas finance, business and operations leaders, internal and external auditors as well as the Global Compliance and Audit Department.
- Design, implement and monitor control systems that comply with company policies and regulations, legal rules, and deal with audit findings
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements or corrective/mitigating actions to support compliance
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks and common issues
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes
- Interact with external and internal auditors on matters related to annual/periodic audits. Primary point of contact responsible for coordination of required information needed for audits.
- Drive the completion and implementation of all legal entities audit action plans, coordinating completion with all functions per agreed deadline and deliverables
- Ensure internal control procedures are in place and functioning effectively. Maintain adequate internal controls necessary to safeguard the assets of the company and deliver reliable financial statements. Review various systems, including financial reporting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, cost accounting, invoicing, fixed assets, payroll and labor distribution, to ensure controls are maintained
- Track completeness of journal entries and reconciliation approval flow across the Americas. Develop and review the legal entities balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Work with IT to implement Segregation of Duty controls within ERP system
- Regularly update and maintain Schedule of Authority documents across region
- Primary contact for UK Sox implementation across the Americas region
- Responsible for the integration and development of new and/or improved systems related to accounting. Roll-out and training of new or updated policies and directives when required.
- Conduct quarterly audit/compliance reviews for senior leadership
- BS/BBA degree with major in Accounting or Business; strong focus on internal and financial controls
- 2+ years’ related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Fully understand ERP System functionality as it impacts Finance and Internal Controls
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills across all functional areas of a business
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, good time management and organizational skills and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and, good report writing and data analysis skills
- Professional certification in the field of auditing or compliance is preferred.
- CPA, CMA or other professional certification
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer