NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a leading provider of compliance, technology, and engineering consulting solutions. As part of the technology group (formerly The Sextant Group), services include planning and design in a wide range of specialty areas including: audiovisual, IT/telecommunications, building security, technical lighting, healthcare technologies, and architectural acoustics/noise vibration.
We play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide and are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Audiovisual Consultant / Designer’s role is to provide consulting and design services to our clients for technology enriched spaces. The position will require that the candidate actively participates in the design process for several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy and top-quality work is being delivered to our clients. This is a Work From Home position.
- Contribute as a key member of the project design team, bringing a significant level of expertise in audiovisual systems and related design elements, with a forward-thinking perspective
- Engage in programmatic discussions with our clients to determine project goals and requirements
- Develop audiovisual systems recommendations and cost estimates
- Work collaboratively with the CAD/BIM Staff to develop high-quality audiovisual infrastructure construction drawings, details, and systems drawings
- Work collaboratively with AV Project Consultant to develop specifications language
- Review submittals of shop drawings, coordinating with architects, contractors, engineers, and other consultants
- Perform site visits to review adherence to standards, procedures and best practices of infrastructure and systems by installing contractors
- Provide final system punch list visits with follow-up reports
- Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within NV5’s high standards of quality
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design and implementation of audiovisual systems; experience with an independent consulting firm a strong plus
- Extensive knowledge in the design of audiovisual systems, including but not limited to: projection and display; sound and speech reinforcement; audio and video conferencing; analog and digital signal processing, analog and digital signal distribution and routing; control systems
- Intimate knowledge of audiovisual architectural requirements including but not limited to: sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; architectural integration of audiovisual equipment
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services and digital media delivery technologies, network hardware, infrastructure and system architecture
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Values that include integrity, accountability and a willingness to have fun
- Works equally well as an individual contributor or team member
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and BlueBeam
- PLUSES: Revit experience; CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I, EST-L2, CCNA or additional industry related certifications
All candidates must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high caliber end results in a timely manner while operating without direct supervision. Some overnight travel may be required. Navigating building construction sites is required for most project assignments.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.