Title: Audience Strategy & Content Lead, Beauty & Wellbeing, North America
Background and Purpose of the Job
We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. With 2.5 billion consumers using Unilever products every day, there are very few other opportunities to influence a business of this scale. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow.
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. Consumers are more on digital platforms than ever before and it’s only going to go up.
At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. We have embraced the Digital Revolution so much so that more than half of our media spends are on digital. With an intention to stay at the front of the digital revolution, we have decided to set up DIGITAL HUBS – where our marketers come to work with a range of specialists to deliver data-driven marketing at scale.
There has never been a more exciting time in marketing and media than now. To accelerate our journey at exponential pace we are looking for the best digital talent, fellow kindred spirits who have the passion for all things digital and are not afraid to break convention to be change catalysts within our business.
About the role
- This is a hybrid role that includes responsibilities related to driving a holistic Personalization agenda on Beauty & Wellbeing brands. Personalization has two aspects – 1. Audience development and 2. Content Management
- The Audience & Content Lead is the champion of the use of segmented and personalized communications to drive better reach and engagement across Unilever’s brands and categories – a key step in building meaningful relationships with Unilever’s consumers
- Responsible for building a strategic data driven marketing roadmap across priority brands to drive the increased acquisition and use of consumer data to create effective and engaging consumer experiences.
- Delivers local content to brands after working closely with them for strategic input during development process
- Decides creative testing priorities, inputs on development of modular creative, ensures compliance to guidelines, and conducts creative auditing
- Responsible for embedding the use of Unilever owned audiences in marketing activities and ensuring that all briefs completed deliver maximum business value to Unilever.
- Lead the Audience development process by brands and bring cross-functional teams to ensure the strategic audience definitions are in place for key brands / campaigns which are relevant, scalable, targetable, and measurable
- Ensure the right content is designed and executed for the right channel type and ensure creative resources are in place as needed - Interface with content factory
- Audience creation across multiple platforms including the DMP and CRM systems, as well as media platforms e.g., Google and Facebook
- Responsible for improving the quality of audiences available to use in our marketing activities by using 1st/2nd/3rd party data
- Plays leading role in the digital transformation by advising brands on their data driven marketing activities and providing input on their data and audience strategy
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to leadership on data driven marketing - working closely with brand teams, agencies, media, IT and legal
- Proactively partners with (cross) category & brand teams to educate/inspire them on the practicalities and potential of the use of (1st, 2nd, 3rd party) consumer data to drive personalized marketing
- Day to day management of content creation and optimization projects, through use of on-site creative agency partners
- Step up, support development and delivery of better Digital & Social Advertising
- Work with the right tech partners to identify and work on related parts of the Unilever Cloud tech stack for example Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and Adobe Campaign Solution to ensure consumer data is leveraged for insights and activation within our marketing campaigns
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Marketing / Digital / eCommerce landscape
- Preferably with a proven experience on audience development, social media marketing or other aspects of digital marketing on CPG brands
- You LOVE marketing. You think and act strategically and creatively. You Get On The Front Line, providing world-class brand experiences and a deep understanding of what drives and influences sales and an outstanding consumer experience.
- You are a passionate Data & Digital Marketer with expertise in varied digital disciplines like audience segmentation and strategy, precision marketing, CRM, search, measurement & optimization, and performance marketing.
- You are interested in developing brands. A strategic thinker who is passionate about the power of data & analytics to craft beautiful storytelling
- People Person: loves to collaborate with diverse teams inorder to deliver business results
- Growth Mindset; an analytical thinker and an influential thought leader.
- Resilient; thriving on challenges & confident navigating ambiguity.
- Doer, not just a thinker; making strategic choices and activating them.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.