Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures bonded goods are received and placed in a bonded cage in accordance with customs regulations
• Ensures that only approved employees enter bonded cages (Customs Authorized Store Rooms (CASRs))
• Ensures proper security of bonded cages and bonded goods
• Ensures bonded cages are kept neat and orderly
• Ensures Bonded Store Manager (BSM) is used to track daily usage of bonded goods
• Ensures First In First Out (FIFO) method of inventory control is used
• Ensures bonded goods are exported out of the US within one (1) year from date of entry
• Ensures CF 7512s are closed within one (1) year from date of entry
• Liaises and communicates with customs, the customer, the airline’s broker and account managers as it relates to bonded goods and customs matters
• Responsible for accuracy of customs paperwork
• Responsible for appropriate retention of customs files
• Leads Clerks in the bonded cage and monitors their productivity as it relates to bonded goods and use of the Bonded Store Manager (BSM)
• Keeps General Manager informed of issues and changes affecting handling of bonded goods
• Other duties not listed but related to customs/bonded proceduresQualifications
• High School Diploma or G.E.D required
• Minimum 2 years of general work experience is required.
• Experience in inventory management and Customs regulations is preferred.
• In-flight catering experience is highly desired.Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to work in a unionized environment.
• Must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
• Ability to train other hourly employees.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on quality and priorities.
• Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
Language / Communication Skills:
• Good communication skills in English
Geographic Responsibility: Unit
Type of Employment: Full-time
Travel %: None
Exemption Classification: Non-exempt
Internal Relationships: Account Manager, Compliance team
External Relationships: customs, airline’s broker
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job:
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: (Local Currency)Organization Structure
Direct Line Manager (Title): Operations Manager
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable): N/A
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Dotted Line Reports:0
Estimated Total Size of Team: 1gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
• Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
• Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
• Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
• Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
• We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
• We communicate and keep each other informed
• We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
• We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
• We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
• We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
• We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf