View more related jobs
Assist with and learn from the Director of Operations, Branch Manager and/or Warehouse Manager to become proficient at directing warehouse activities and oversee all aspects of the daily production and order fulfillment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current. Lead and measure all daily processes to ensure order fulfillment and production are completed with excellence on a daily basis. Partnership with the Director of Operations for resolving daily challenges and ensuring timely and accurate completion or order fulfillment for Operations
- Review and observe all human resource processes at the local facility including staffing, performance management, compensation administration and training and development.
- Review daily and ongoing expenses to ensure that financial capital is used as effectively as possible.
- Review and observe all aspects of inventory management to ensure that product is received and moved correctly.
- Assist and support contract negotiations for new business by partnering with local sales representatives and sales leadership. Provide timely responses to service failures, customer concerns and/or visiting key accounts.
- Partner with Branch and MedTrans leadership to learn private fleet functions, rules and regulations including but not limited to driver safety and bonus programs, DOT hour of service and Dynamic Route Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years experience as a Warehouse Supervisor or higher role in a Medline Facility and a High School diploma or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- 6 years in a distribution environment
- 3 years supervisor experience with demonstrated expertise in sourcing and selecting warehouse team members.
- Ability to perform overnight travel lasting from 1 - 14 days multiple times per year.
- Able to work any shift plus weekends.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds with the ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments (32F – 95F).