Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionKLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Be Doing)
We are looking for Associate Test Engineer for position in manufacturing clean room environment, who will be involved with the integration, alignment and testing of computer controlled precision electro-mechanical systems. In this position you will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make routine recommendations. If you thrive in a collaborative, continuous learning environment while working on industry leading technology, we want to hear from you!
In addition, you will:
- Build computer controlled precision electro-mechanical assemblies using methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies and/or final systems, and complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Perform ongoing daily work with minimal instruction, and with general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Occasionally provide technical training to peers.
Qualifications (What we need to see):
- You have hands-on experience in optical electro-mechanical systems level testing, troubleshooting and repair.
- You must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- You are able to use and manipulate a variety of fine adjustment hand tools, torque wrenches and calipers.
- You work effectively across different functional teams in different locations.
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral interpersonal skills in English.
- You demonstrate excellent organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization.
- You are dedicated and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- A willingness to learn, collaborate effectively within and across teams, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment is required.
- You are able to stand, sit, bend, and periodically lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- You are able to work extended hours, including weekends.
- LabVIEW, Linux, Windows OS, MS Office and software installation knowledge is a plus.
- Technical Certificate, AS degree, or military technical training experience, or equivalent vocational training in a technical discipline.
- A demonstrated ability to work with little or no instruction on routine work, and with general instructions on new assignments.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.