Company OverviewKLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/DivisionKLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
Responsible for daily calibration, testing and troubleshooting of systems.
Maintains full ownership of clean room system completely through shipping, including:
- Up-to-date System Status
- Efficient progression of systems
- Work order integrity
- Material movement in and out of clean room
- Safeguarding and return of all issued tools and tooling
- Process tracking completeness
- Support New Product Launch activities. Train and assist design engineering team. Develop skills and product knowledge to transfer product to manufacturing.
- Responsible for performing the set‑up, alignment, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of vacuum systems, opto-mechanical and mechanical assemblies, and supporting electronic circuitry and instrumentation.
- Responsible for assembly and test of Electron Optics assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Determine and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies and/or final systems.
- May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems, as required.
- May assist in the selection and set‑up of specialized test equipment.
- Compile draft documentation and red-line draft procedures.
- •Works on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems.
- Develops recommendations and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise the activities of other nonexempt personnel.
- Ability to follow existing checklists, processes, and protocols
- Demonstrate complete understanding of each subsystem and how it interrelates to other subsystems
- Ability to identify, describe, understand, and troubleshoot all major subsystem components
- Perform in-depth, advanced system troubleshooting using on-board diagnostics, established procedures, theory of operations, and other available information
- Provide constructive process improvement recommendations
- Redline procedures as appropriate
- Create technical and process related procedures where none currently exist
- Assist in technical conference calls and support issues external to the Manufacturing Cell
- Assist in the training and development of new hires
- Develop and teach training classes to other KLA personnel
- Support less senior drivers in the progression and troubleshooting of their systems
- Sub-system level assembly & test experience.
- System level troubleshooting skills.
- Complex Opto-mechanical alignment skills.
- An AA degree, military technical training or their equivalent vocational training is required. BS in optical engineering preferred.
- Requires experience in testing optical, digital and/or analog systems.
- Ability to read complicated drawings and utilize mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision testing and measuring instruments.
Minimum QualificationsTechnical School or work experience of 3 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.