Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
We are seeking to fill an Associate Test Engineering position located in our Clarksburg, MD Campus. This position reports to the Test Engineering Manager. This position is well suited for a college student graduating with an electrical engineering degree who is interested in working in a hands on and team-oriented environment.
- Competitive salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401K program (up to 7% company contribution) with 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid family care, maternity and parental leaves
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Work on the design and development of board and system level automated test fixtures included designing the test interface, developing the software programs and procedures for a varity of different tactical communication systems and subassemblies.
- Provide interface between engineering and manufacturing departments during the effort of transitioning new products from the design phase to the production phase.
- Support production test activities which includes: test fixture maintenance; outfitting production with the equipment and fixtures to support production volume increases; changes to test process/software to increase production yield; diagnostic support.
- Improve test processes, test capacity, and minimize the required operator resources.
- Improve test software to impact production test yield, reduce test time, increase capacity, and eliminate false failures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- U.S. Citizenship required. - Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BSEE or equivalent/related technical degree
- Experience using Labview
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability move/lift/configure equipment of 30-40 pounds with or without assistance.
- Ability to comply with all Company guidelines, policies, procedures and embrace Company Core Values.
Preferred but not required qualifications
- Ability to design or maintain test fixtures (mechanical and electrical) which interface the test equipment to the unit under test.
- Ability to develop automated test programs using LabView.
- Familiar with testing basic parameters of VHF and UHF radios, including testing of AM/FM receivers and transmitters against definitive specifications.
For specific questions about this job posting, candidates may contact the recruiter at [email protected]
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7630.