Associate Semiconductor Device Modeling Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Annapolis Junction, MD, USA - Huntington Beach, CA, USA - Huntsville, AL
Job Description Qualifications:
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
Within BR&T, Boeing’s Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development and design for aerospace systems. We develop digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, quantum computing and other electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with state of the art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication but performs design (architecture, RTL, synthesis, circuits, physical design, verification, packaging and test) in house. SSED has numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing customers and external Government Science and Technology (S&T) customers. SSED’s large staff of microelectronics engineers conduct research and designs microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.
We are seeking experienced semiconductor device modeling engineers who are able to model CMOS transistor and other device behavior in extreme environments (e.g. cryogenic, extreme heat, and high radiation) in advanced semiconductor fabrication nodes (≤32nm). Responsibilities include: adapting foundry-provided models for extreme environments based on experimental data and theoretical understanding of DC to multi-GHz AC behavior; creating new models based on measurement data; defining test structures and measurements needed to provide data to validate and calibrate models; predicting and explaining behavior of high-speed digital, analog/mixed-signal, and RF circuits using the developed device models.
- Maintains detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products.
- Develops detailed designs of limited scope. Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Gathers data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis. Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
This position allows for a hybrid work arrangement which is a combination of remote and on site work, generally includes routinely working virtually one or more days per week, schedules may vary by week
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with semiconductor device physics
- Experience with CMOS processing steps
- Experience with process variation / mismatch models
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- 3+ years of experience in the development and calibration of CMOS transistor models (using industry standard formats such as BSIM-BULK, BSIM-CMG, BSIM-IMG, BSIM-SOI, Gummel Poon, and VBIC) for digital, mixed-signal/analog, and RF integrated circuit applications.
- Experience with industry-standard device modeling software, such as Keysight IC-CAP and Model Builder Program (MBP) for transistor characterization and modeling.
- Experience with foundry-provided Process Design Kits (PDKs) and SPICE simulation for device model verification
- Experience with advanced commercial semiconductor fabrication process technologies, including multi-gate (e.g. FinFET), silicon-on-insulator (SOI), and silicon germanium (SiGe) processes.
- Experience with Technology computer-aided design (TCAD)
- Experience with experimental process technologies (e.g. Gate-all-around FETs (GAAFETs))
- Experience with design and test of electronics for extreme environments
- A clear understanding of IC design flow from device-level modelling through library development and final chip-level design and verification.
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams
- Experience supporting military programs
- Demonstrated track record as a self-motived, independent, high-performance team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Experience organizing and leading teams
- Active security clearance
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6B1DI2 (64Y)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement