Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for an Associate Security Guard to join our team in Westminster, CO or Longmont, CO. In this role you will be executing all Maxar physical security policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the work environment is safe and well-maintained
- Preparing Passdown, incident, and Daily Activity reports
- Monitoring security surveillance systems
- Executing all Maxar Physical Security policies and procedures
- Investigating and reporting hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances in the workplace
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft
- Patrolling classified and unclassified premises to prevent and detect intrusion signs and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates
- Supporting security training and briefings
- Conducting end-of-day security checks
- Conducting classified area open/close procedures
- Supporting the control of Secret storage materials
- Protection of combinations to security containers, cabinets, vaults, closed areas. Protection/supervision of keys and locks.
- Escorting personnel throughout the facility
- Climbing stairs and ladders, running, and patrolling exterior grounds on foot for extensive periods of time. These duties may need to be carried out in inclement weather conditions, including snow, ice, and excessive heat.
- Other security related tasks assigned by Maxar Security Managers
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to meet the Physical Security Officer dress and appearance standards
- 6 months of customer service experience
- Prior experience with personnel or property protection
- Experience with access control systems, preferably C-CURE
- Experience with security surveillance systems, preferably Avigilon
- Candidates must be able to make the right decisions swiftly and possess excellent communication and observation skills
- Possess satisfactory public relations and customer service skills, sufficient to allow them to interact positively with Maxar employees, visitors, law enforcement agencies, and the general public
The compensation range for this position is $12.70 to $21.16 hourly, dependent on skills and experience. If a candidate has a higher level of experience, a higher range will be considered.
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022, except in cases where legally entitled to an exception.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.