This position provides technical leadership in implementation of Food Safety elements of the Quality Management Process (QMP). Drives project management and continuous improvement of their designated site Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) Management systems that enable the reliable delivery of products that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Quality &Food Safety Global Standards.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Food Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific on technical discipline
- Previous knowledge or experience relevant to manufacturing, quality and/or food safety
- 2+ years of experience in different quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, manufacturing, quality and/or food safety management systems
- HACCP or QMP experience
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Development and roll out of food safety training to the site and support functions (HACCP, Basic Food Safety)
- Provide governance to the Microbiological verification, Environmental program, Mycotoxin, Allergens, and other Food Safety related programs
- Provide governance to HACCP and Food Safety Plan within the site, provide input to the Value stream Food safety risk assessment. Food Safety Team Leader at the site. Manage validation of CCP/OPRP preventive controls programs within the site
- Lead Food Fraud program at the site. Responsible for providing site input to the Material Risk Assessments (MRA’s)
- Lead root cause analysis investigation of food safety incidents and effective implementation of corrective/ preventive actions
- In partnership with the Associate Scientist Value Stream represent R&D at change management and handover meetings to ensure Food Safety deliverables
- Implement external food safety requirements such as regulations or customer needs into procedures or best practices for site
- Accountable for the Foss NIR data trending analysis, NIR documentation relevant to the value stream and first point of contact for troubleshooting instrumentation where applicable
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.