The Associate Roast Master is responsible for the roasting and packaging of various flavors for Kauai Coffee!
- Conducts roasting operations to create finished coffee products that meet or exceed the highest standards of quality set by Kauai Coffee Company.
- Implements roasting, flavoring and packaging production runs to meet scheduling requirements per established work standards.
- Conducts packaging line operations. Inspects and tests all packaging equipment, troubleshooting and maintenance according to established schedule.
- Follows established guidelines, procedures, policies, practices and methods necessary to maximize coffee quality and food safety standards.
- Participates in quality and assurance testing.
- Takes and logs accurate inventory of green bean, packaging materials, dry goods and consumables.
- Maintains inventory and monitors quality of stored green coffee for the roast plant. Monitors quality of roasted coffee that is produced for the retail operation.
- Participates in regular maintenance of all Roast Plant equipment and facilities.
- Participates in training sessions.
- Complies with all Federal, State, Local and Company safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Complies with all Company Rules and Company Policies.
Equipment & Materials:
All Roast Plant and related equipment such as conveyors, hoppers, coffee roasters, coffee grinders, coffee mixers, packaging machines, scales, Agtron color discs and meters, flavoring mixers & pumps, pneumatic destoners, pneumatic loaders, augers, forklift, automobile, pickup truck , pallet jack, calculator, personal computer, etc. Maintenance tools and equipment such as wrench, screwdriver, pliers, hammer, tape rule, level, thermometer, TRD, clamps, saw, grinder, etc.
Coffee green beans, burlap bags, coffee flavoring, packaging film, tape, cardboards boxes, air, LP gas, nitrogen gas, pallets, lubricants, tags, cleaning tools and equipment such as liquid cleaners, sanitizers, scrapers, sandpaper, scouring pads, pen, paper, pencil, etc.
- Incumbent must be proficient in reading, writing, speaking and taking instructions in the English language
- competent in basic mathematics
- possess basic computer skills.
- must also be capable of lifting 100-lb. coffee bags utilizing team lift.
- must have a valid State of Hawaii driver license
- forklift operator’s license preferred, but training will be provided to the right candidate.
*Kauai Coffee provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.