As a Associate Representative - Customer Service, you will respond to customer inquiries by telephone, e-mail and/or walk-ins to provide inquiry or problem resolution. You will resolve routine and basic problems and communicate solution or requested information to the customer. You will analyze a customer's service needs and refer to other service or technical departments for follow up as needed.
- Interacts with customers by phone or in person to provide information and to ensure best service possible.
- Handles and resolves customer complaints, special orders, or returns in-store, via phone or mail.
- Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Receives and processes orders, provides information concerning pricing, changes in service, discontinuance, and shipping.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, records details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, and actions taken.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Completes customer invoicing.
- Identifies additional product or service opportunities with existing or potential clients, and determines with customer sales and service manager, whether customer sales and service or outside sales should manage opportunity.
- Maintains regular contact with existing clients, continually working to understand new or existing "pains" and needs and developing strategies to address those pains.
- Prepares for, attends, and participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Remains current on industry trends, market activity and competitor products.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 year of customer service experience required, 2 years preferred.
- 1 year of sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to build working relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives
- Basic problem-solving skills and ability to analyze information in order to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to research and resolve customer issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Customer service.
- Strong knowledge of retail and wholesale sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers.
- Direct Sales (B2B).
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.