Associate Project Manager, Research
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Associate Project Manager, R&D will contribute to the research and development efforts in establishing and improving current product(s) for cancer detection and treatment. This position’s responsibilities include managing internal and external collaborative projects, timelines, and priorities. This person will be responsible for assisting in project management of ongoing projects across multiple locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support or lead project team to accomplish project goals.
- Act as a problem solver to drive decisions.
- Assists project management teams with connecting with stakeholders and planning for team meetings.
- Prepare status reports and modify schedules and plans as required.
- Keep management, team, and business areas informed of project status and related issues.
- Follow established project management practices, including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Create project schedule and utilize the schedule to communicate and manage the work.
- Assist in management of project budgets.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Assist in management of activities and communications with both internal and external collaborators and provide updates.
- Follow-up on action items and meeting minutes to project team members.
- Management and tracking of incoming research samples and materials.
- Provide support for onsite and offsite meetings with collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities, including the ability confront constructively and say no effectively.
- Demonstrated success with oral and written communications/presentations, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability and means to travel between (either Madison or Red Wood City) locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or a related field.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a project-focused environment.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel and Word.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Hands on experience in lab research and understanding of molecular biology.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of applying statistical software (JMP) and Excel to present data and results.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.