Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2021, employed approximately 5,700 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady’s fiscal 2021 sales were approximately $1.14 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradyid.com.
The Product Manager for ID card printers reports to the Director of Product Management and supports the management of the identification printers product categories in the US market. This role will act as the general manager of the business with category expertise, and will provide training and support to customers, sales and internal cross functional teams, as well as provide ideas for new product development, develop marketing materials, and proactive campaigns as required to manage business to category growth. Close collaboration with owned manufacturing on product offerings and roadmap, and external management of the domestic channel/customer needs.
We are looking for a curious individual; someone who wants to understand how technologies work, asks the tough questions of the business, challenges the status quo.
- Complete P&L responsibilities to manage the health and growth of the business. Be prepared to present on the current and future state of the category
- Work with sales partners and customers to manage customer needs & forecasts.
- Understand market trends in the ID Card printing industry and the technologies current and future state.
- Manage product line data to ensure that all internal systems contain accurate quantities, pricing, part numbers and descriptions.
- Development of training materials, sales tools and support to the distributors, internal sales team, customer service, technical support, and product positioning.
- Collaborate with market communications team and external agencies on the development of marketing collateral to support overall product categories as well as new product releases or product improvements.
- Conduct opportunity analysis including but not limited to -- market research, voice of customer and competitive research in support of growth strategy.
- Work with cross functional teams for completion of the commercialization steps of the new product launch process.
- Interface effectively across company disciplines on all phases of new product development; including establishing product specifications, approving new materials, determining packaging configurations, and setting initial product inventory levels.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree (B.A/B.S.) from a four year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of Product Management/Marketing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient PC skills w/Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (15%).
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient in the utilization of various internet tools and search engines.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills