About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assists product management team in managing overall profitability of assigned product line(s) (maintain existing products and product development of line extensions).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and control of marketing programs to maintain and increase market share as well as manage the profitability of the product line.
- Impacts organization by evaluating the marketplace, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and providing direction for assigned product lines thereby positively impacting company revenue and operating profit.
- Assists product management team in the design and implementation of the product marketing strategy and tactics to support B. Braun Hospital Care strategy and increase market share and revenue
- Manages all operational aspects of product line, including forecasting, inventory, backorders, and quality issues.
- Develops unit revenue and profitability forecast for stable product line(s).
- Supports the development of pre/post product launch activities.
- Manages all promotional activities related to assigned products.
- Monitors product incident reports and helps direct corrective actions if needed.
- Coordinates and assists with in-house sales training programs related to all products.
- Interaction with team members to provide forecasting projections at monthly meetings and as needed.
- Lead trade show activities to manage booth activities in coordination with the trade show and conventions team.
- Responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional collaboration in all business areas.
- Maintains product group operating budget.
- Maintains an active field travel schedule to regularly meet with customers, sales, personnel, inventors, and consultants.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport, Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Constantly:Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled