For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Come work for an organization whose passion comes from their commitment to helping you help others, where our values guide our decisions and actions; they are the standards we hold ourselves to each day. Be the Difference! CARE, LEAD, OWN AND COLLOBORATE.
We are seeking an Associate Operations Manager which will be based in our Wilmington, MA., location.
The essential duties for the Associate Manager are:
Assists in information gathering and sourcing candidates for new and current contracts.
• Acts as corporate liaison to designated contract business clients to assess contract performance - including meeting or exceeding standards with respect to animal health and welfare, facilities condition, sanitation levels and facility security. Reports findings to Operations Manager with recommendations for improvements.
• Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area. Ensures that laboratory animals at contract sites are cared for and maintained in accordance with Animal Welfare Act and the “Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and other applicable regulations and policies.
• Conducts periodic meetings with site leadership to keep them informed of current and future projects, policies and procedures.
• Actively interacts with client representatives as required to respond and facilitate the resolution of problems, including, but not limited to the allocation of space, use of equipment and personnel, diagnosis of and control of disease, provisions of animal care and adequate veterinary care.
• Works with Operations Manager and HR staff to investigate personnel problems and assist in developing performance improvement plans, provide counseling and disciplinary actions to employees in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Periodically reviews CRL staff records, ensuring that detailed, accurate records and files are maintained on regulated species as required by animal welfare regulations and guidelines, as well as facility SOPs and policies. Reports findings to Operations Director as instructed.
• Participates as required in the development of projections for equipment, supplies and personnel needed to effectively operate the research facilities in a manner consistent with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and all local, state and federal requirements.
• Assist facility managers and staff develop, review and write site specific standard operating procedures for the care, use and enrichment of laboratory animals and the operation of the facility.
• Assist facility managers and staff establish specifications for recommendations for the selection and purchase of animal care related equipment.
• Assists in assessing training needs, as well as, developing and presenting training for staff and investigators. Works with technical trainers and supervisors as needed to help develop course content and materials for training and continuing education of the animal care staff to achieve AALAS certification.
• Generates and submits internal and external reports in the required formats and timeframes. Reports to supervisor on operations-related issues. Prepares and submits required written records, charts, logs and inventories as requested by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Animal Science or related field.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in multi-species vivarium management experience and/or laboratory animal science technology for a laboratory animal program required. Demonstrable experience with managing direct/indirect costs, barrier and conventional facilities, working with large and small animals -, -An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist level preferred (LATG).
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.