Associate Manufacturing Engineer/ Manufacturing Engineer 2nd Shift
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale - CA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 Our Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Engineer/ Manufacturing Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support our Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Innovation development team and will be located in Palmdale, CA. At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Innovation development team, you will define, develop, implement, and transition new technology solutions to manufacturing to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality. Manufacturing concept and process solutions for production applications cover advanced technologies including but not limited to composites fabrication, assembly, automation, inspection, direct part manufacturing, LO technologies, as well as digital capabilities. The role requires incorporation of requirements into development plans and evaluation of performance of processes and tools to verify their efficiency. In addition, you will identify and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure R&D contractual obligations (technical, schedule, and cost) are met and product quality is maintained. In this role, you will provide guidance regarding design concepts, directly support and ensure the successful implementation of new solution capabilities released to production, and specification requirements to best utilize resources and manufacturing techniques, and ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. This role involves interfacing with internal and external customers, program offices, engineering disciplines, and executive management. In addition, the role will require the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment. Support leadership in maintaining budget responsibilities and project management objectives.
As a member of the team you will be involved with all aspects of the Manufacturing Technology Development cycle. Specific responsibilities will be to 1) identify customer needs and define requirements, 2) identify and develop innovative solutions leveraging technology to meet customer needs, 3) generate statements of work, requirements, and test plan documents, 4) develop project deliverables and detail plans, 5) execute established project plans with transition of new capability.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM with 0 years of Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- Ability to Work Second Shift
- Experience supporting manufacturing/production operations with a firm understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Experience working with technicians on Process Work Instructions (PWI)
- Ability to navigate engineering disciplines and utilize MES planning software
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS-Project, Visio)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance and Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Ability to demonstrate independent creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in meeting customer requirements/expectations
- Experience statusing and/or communicating to multiple levels of an organization
Requisition ID: R10014617
Salary Range: 61900 - 92900 Salary Range 2: 74900 - 112300
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Privacy Preference Center
** Manage Consent Preferences**
Always Active Always Active Always Active Always Active Your Privacy