Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Associate Manager, Planning is the operational lead working in conjunction with Marketing and Sales Strategy to develop, maintain and optimize the forecast in support of all aspects of inventory, service levels, manufacturing, distribution, and sales planning. Related duties include analysis of supply chain data and presentation in formats that are clear, easily understood, and can be readily shared with other members of the organization.
The position will be the primary back-up for the head of planning, thereby necessitating a clear understanding of the Company’s objectives, an interest and willingness to actively interact with vendors and other members of Dole’s team, and the ability to 1) review processes and performance criteria and 2) make recommendations on the most effective way to get things done.
This role provides flexibility to work in a hybrid environment of home and our Westlake Village, CA office.
- Act as back-up to head of planning.
- Mentor and train more junior staff.
- Develop reports and provide analysis to Ops and Sales Strategy to understand what is happening in sales (over/under sales, trends, etc.), why it is happening, and work with Demand Team to implement corrective actions.
- Leverage expertise in demand planning on all new items planning, including forecasting, W/H splits, model creation, UPC/BOM development,
- Supports new co-packer processes for suppliers, including raw material management, payment, PO creation, and inventory reconciliation, among others.
- Manage U.S. forward warehouse inventory levels by ordering product from worldwide production facilities to avoid stock-outs, excess inventory, obsolete produce, and unnecessary expenditures.
- Act as liaison between production, Sales, and Marketing by providing timely and accurate analysis, reports, information, and expert supply chain knowledge.
- Daily communications with Asian production facilities and Central Logistics office in Philippines.
- Oversee tracking of orders and actual shipments to minimize need for warehouse transfers and to avoid regional stock-outs. Track, analysis, and report slow moving and obsolete products to minimize dumps; long range planning.
- Takes initiative to analyze and avoid or resolve issues directly with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Demand Team, and the production facilities.
- Provide forward looking analysis to support Sales/Marketing and customer driven initiatives.
- Contribute to supply meetings with Sales/Marketing and Senior Management with supply updates and expert knowledge.
- Attend and contribute their analysis to forecast updates and work with Demand Team to ensure forecast is accurately reflected in systems.
- Create reports, models, and work on systems (i2, SAP) to improve communications, analyses, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Take initiative to minimize days of cover without lowering order fill rates.
- New product development supply chain input, analysis, and tracking.
- Special projects to improve efficiency, save money, etc.
- Interact with all levels of management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management: APICS CPIM Certification preferred.4-5 years of experience in supply chain management.
- Prior experience and/or interaction with manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and closely within multi-cultural company.
- Ability to manage relationships with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Finance, Production as well as within Logistics.
- Prior management experience desirable (people and/or project).
- Skilled used of Microsoft Office products required.
- Experience with i2, SAP, systems and Showcase reports helpful; understanding of ERP systems preferred.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Excellent communicator with ability to interact with all levels of management and personnel.
- Show initiatives and is proactive and decisive.
- Flexible and willing to put in extra effort and time as required.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or five years’ experience required
- Master’s degree a plus
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- Occasional travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.