Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Performs complete vehicle safety and emissions inspections within the lane under the direction of the Senior Lane Technician and enters data into the computer. Also interacts with Managers, Senior Lane Technicians, Lane Technicians, consumers, and NJMVC, NJDOT, NJDEP staff.
• Maintains regular and prompt attendance
• Performs vehicle inspections in accordance with New Jersey Administrative Code 13:20 esq
• Responsible for accuracy of vehicle inspection reports, i.e. vehicle type, engine size, inspection, sticker, etc.
• Responsible for accuracy for inspection recordkeeping. i.e. Logs, tracking sheets, etc.
• Maintains a safe and clean work area. Removes oil, water and other materials from the lane and equipment to ensure safety in the lane. Cleans all equipment, lane floors, walls, chains, customer wait booths, and other items in the lane.
• Provides excellent and courteous customer service. Explains vehicle inspection results to customers in a clear, concise, understandable and polite manner.
• Assists other inspectors in his/her lane to ensure a productive and safe lane.
• Adheres to all Policies, Procedures, Regulations and Bulletins.
• Notifies the Lane Technician, Senior Lane Technician or management when additional supplies are required for the lane.
• Performs other duties and tasks as required to maintain a productive and safe work area.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to drive vehicles in a safe and proficient manner. Must possess a valid driver’s license and obtain a New Jersey inspector’s license upon employment.
Must have good oral communications. Must possess and use good customer service skills. Computer skills preferred.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!