Job Title:Associate Lab Technician
CMC Materials in Hollister is seeking an Associate Lab Technician to join their team. If you're looking to start your career in the semiconductor industry, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
The Associate Lab Tech is responsible for analytical testing of samples drawn from raw materials as well as throughout the entire production process to the finished production in our high-purity chemical plant.
Day-to-Day job functions:
- Conducts wide variety of laboratory procedures; performs challenging and detail oriented lab work in QC/QA lab
- Tests products and materials; produces compounds; records findings; operates lab equipment; develops new chemical processes and analyzes data
- Maintains a clean, professional, and safe working environment in the laboratory
- Participates in and completes all assigned training programs
- Performs automated and manual tests strictly according to approved procedures and methodology
- Focuses on quality and integrity of samples in accordance with strict purity guidelines
- Monitors product quality through testing
- Utilizes automated analyzers; maintains equipment as appropriate
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of EH&S principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
Monday-Friday 1:30-9:30pm with a 30 minute PAID lunch
- Prior laboratory experience helpful
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures, including OSHA standards and regulations
- Ability to multi-task; self motivated; prioritizes, and follow through on assignments
- Must be willing to work around and with chemicals; follow safety protocols; use PPE
- Maintains a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation skills required
- Four year degree required; BS in Chemistry preferred.
- A sense of belonging within a Global Organization and a way to connect to people around the world.
- Competitive salary plus a performance-based bonus
- A chance to invest in your future with a 401k plan with a generous 9% employer contribution
- Stock Purchase Plan that lets you be a part of our success.
- Medical, dental, vision and other Insurance beginning on day one.
- 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave Program
- 4 weeks PTO to start
- For your future and ours there is an Educational Training and Assistance program for you to continue to grow.
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that diversity leads to better teams, better performance and better results. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Curious about COVID?
To protect the overall health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, and the communities in which we operate from the risks associated with COVID, CMC now requires all successful applicants for employment with CMC to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment.