Associate Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer (Astrodynamics)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Seal Beach, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Associate Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer - Astrodynamics to support the X-37B and other programs. Activities include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for atmospheric flight and space environments. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports troubleshooting of routing operational anomalies, functional tests and services incidents.
- Executes tests, performs analysis or simulation and design review per FAA, MIL-SPEC and NASA guidance to deliver a compliant product.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience with Astrodynamics
- 1+ years’ experience using MATLAB or Simulink
- Experience with in spacecraft dynamics and orbit analysis.
- Experience operating in aerospace environments.
- Experience working with classical and modern control theory/design/analysis
- Experience with aerodynamics.
- Experience working with navigation controls (Kalman filters, GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6E3DI2 (6A2)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement