To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Research and provide timely advice on broad array of legal issues.
- Anticipate and guard company against legal risks.
- Advise managers and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Structure, draft and review reports and various other legal documents.
- Negotiate, draft and administer contracts.
- Assist in managing ongoing litigation, claims and risk avoidance.
- Minimum of 5 years comparable law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Background in corporate law, with experience in the following areas strongly preferred: contract law and UCC Article 2, mergers & acquisitions, information technology, transportation, supply chain and logistics.
- Experience in providing legal advice and support for manufacturing operations desired.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and professionally with all employees on a consistent and daily basis.
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams, Acrobat Adobe, and internet research tools.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Current license to practice law (and have the ability to become licensed to practice law in Kansas within twelve (12) months following the commencement of the position).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; and must be able to effectively communicate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package, including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.