Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - El Segundo, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Defense and Space Systems is growing in the area of spacecraft avionics subsystem design, development, integration and test and is looking for a motivated and talented Associate Flight Control Systems Engineer to join the Boeing team in this exciting business area located in El Segundo, CA.
Selected candidates will support the development of complex solutions on advanced next generation spacecraft technologies. Engineers will experience the full lifecycle of satellite development from: requirements definition and flow down, algorithm design and analysis, system hardware integration, software validation, development of satellite operating procedure, and support satellite operations.
- Supports the gathering of system level requirements
- Performs and documents analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems to validate or assess the system design or models
- Assists troubleshooting of operational anomalies and/or functional tests
- Supports execution of tests, analysis and design reviews
- Works under close supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience working in aerospace, defense, or similar high-tech industry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Satellite system and/or space launch experience
- Work or classroom experience performing trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis related to spacecraft flight control
- Familiar with space-related guidance, navigation and control or processing hardware
- Familiar with the design and test of space-based GNC systems
- Familiar in systems engineering knowledge, including requirements definition, verification & validation, and risk management.
- Familiar in computer programming using C, C++, C#, Ada or other engineering programming languages
- Familiar using Matlab for the analysis or simulation of engineering applications
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6E3DI2 (637)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement