As an Associate Electrical Controls Engineer, your primary responsibility will be designing, programing, and commissioning new automated control systems. This role is also responsible for supporting existing systems via an on-call rotation with team members. Candidates for this position will need to be willing to travel 25-50% to locations in 30+ States with some international travel. Candidates need to have the ability to work extended hours as required. This position will report to the Manager of Electrical Engineering.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET or comparable accredited university, with an emphasis on controls or power.
- 0 -2 years experience in Electrical Controls
- Knowledge of or willing to learn:
- Troubleshooting and supporting automated systems including but not limited to:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Human machine interface (HMI), and Operator Interface Terminals (OIT).
- 4-20 ma signals and sensors
- 120 Vac and 24Vdc discrete signals
- PLC programming using Emerson/GE-PAC ME (Proficy) and Rockwell - Studio 5000
- HMI software - Aveva (System Platform and Classic InTouch) and Rockwell (RSView32 and FactoryTalk).
- SQL and SQL-Server-Reporting-Service (SSRS) for systems analysis and reporting.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Desktop Linux operating system.
- Ability to write applications using C# and/or Python.
- Use of AutoCAD to design PLC Panels, network layouts, and other needed drawings.
- Design and troubleshooting of O/T networking including TCP/IP, PROFINET, Ethernet IP, and Modbus TCP.
- Troubleshooting of Modbus UA and Device net networks.
Raleigh, NC or we are open to negotiating where this position will be located.