Arena Pharmaceuticals is driven to deliver novel, transformational medicines with optimized pharmacology and pharmacokinetics to patients globally. Arena’s proprietary pipeline includes multiple potentially first or best-in-class assets with broad clinical utility.
The Opportunity:Arena Pharmaceutical has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Associate Director of Translational Science-Medicine to join our team and play a key role in developing new targeted Dermatology and Immuno-therapeutics. Organizationally, the candidate will provide a pivotal bridge between Discovery Research and the later phase Clinical Development, and provide scientific and clinical expertise to advance an industry-leading pipeline of novel mechanism small molecules. We seek a strong candidate who will be self-motivated, creative, independent, and a strategic thinker with a passion for discovery, collaboration and have a proven translational science track record.
What you will dive into:
- This position will report to the Head of Clinical Development, Dermatology and will be a key contributor to the development of translational strategies for the growing company’s dermatology and immunotherapy portfolio.
- Overseeing the design and execution of translational science and biomarker plans integrating both disease and pathway approaches to support portfolio programs
- Supporting projects by developing and executing relevant translational strategies
- Identifying and developing methods and models to evaluate pharmacodynamic biomarkers and mechanism of action of therapeutics being developed by Arena
- Utilizing available data to propose biomarker strategies for molecules in development, and in close collaboration with the clinical team
- Over-seeing and working closely with science professionals and other functions to execute data generation and analysis
- Help build an external network of leaders in Dermatology field to enable strategic partnerships and awareness of advances in translational and biomarker research
- Delivers high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamic endpoints and patient enrichment/selection
- Contributing strategic and scientific ideas and evaluating key hypotheses that advance company technologies and development
What we expect:
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, or related field with 3+ years of relevant translational experience in the industry setting.
- Prior experience working in dermatology or immunotherapy field.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities related to assigned projects. Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data independently.
What We Offer:
- To be part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions
- Competitive compensation package including long-term incentives
- Comprehensive health insurance (highly subsidized cost sharing on all medical plans)
- Generous matching 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off policy and holidays including two company-wide shut-down periods each year
- Multi-cultural work environment
- Company celebrations
Arena celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Arena is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read Arena's Applicant Personal Information Privacy Notice .