About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Set guidelines or benchmarks for the company environmental impact.
- Work with various departments to incorporate sustainability practices and environmental goals.
- Collaborate with the sustainability team and cross-functional partners to improve and streamline internal processes, data organization and collection, and communication efforts
- Monitor and evaluate the organization's performance related to sustainability and environmental impact regulation compliance
- Identify inefficiencies or areas where the company can improve their environmental impact
- Write reports detailing results of evaluations and present them to Senior Leadership, along with recommendations for improvement
- Ensure company’s compliance with all state and federal environmental statutes and regulations.
- Develop and deploy sustainability budget.
- Ensure that high quality training on sustainability practices is available to employees. Participate in management or board meetings with company leadership.
- Works with other BBM Affiliates and technical groups to coordinate and execute the global packaging requirements towards the environmental goals.
- Foster strong relationships with industry experts, contracted services, suppliers, government and academic programs to ensure smooth execution of the environmental programs.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General:It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge.
- Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization.
- Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Provides direct or indirect supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 06-08 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Occasional business travel required, Valid Driver’s License and passport.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently: Sit
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Standing, Walking
- Frequently: Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required),Sitting, Talking-ordinary, loud/quick
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Proximity to moving parts
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Production/manufacturing environment, Other
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled