Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda Statistical and Quantitative Sciences (SQS) is looking to add individuals to our team that are team oriented, collaborative, and who are exceptional leaders and innovators within the statistical programming space. Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven, top 10 biopharmaceutical leader committed to discovering and delivering life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
To attract and retain the very best talent, we in Takeda SQS are open to flexible or remote working for some roles. Such roles will have a connection to a Takeda R&D center.
- Leads SQS technology support team with direct oversight of techinical support analysts
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining support SLAs and escalating issues as needed
- Provides business leadership for Takeda’s statistical computing environment and represents department needs in envisioning future SCE enhanchements
- Leads development of end user documentation for SQS systems and manages delivery of training to business users.
- Serves as liaison for SQS systems in cross-functional relationships
- Leads process improvement initiatives to successful completion
- Creates documentation for regulated processes related to SQS use of technology platforms
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Leads implementation and updates to systems used by SQS technical support for issue tracking and metrics reporting
- Develops department standards related to use of technology that meet business needs and regulatory requirements
- Drives use of standards and ensures compliance with data integrity and governance requirements
- Monitors ongoing system issues and works with IT to mitigate and resolve
- Serves as business system owner for key SQS systems, including the statistical computing environment.
- Leads development of automation and tools supporting the Takeda statistical computing environment
- Provides timely communication to users on system changes, updates and issues
- Drives decisions and implementation plans for the SQS organization that address technology risk identification and reduction through effective mitigation
- Executes on technology and platform strategy scientific business needs
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and statistical programming ecosystem (e.g., clinical development, the prescription drug distribution process, etc)
- Possess technical expertise at the enterprise level and specifically related to administration and development of robust, flexible, and forward-thinking statistical computing platforms
- Demonstrate expertise in industry trends and regulatory policy initiatives related to statistical computing environments, use of technology in the statistical space, GxP systems, and CRF 21 Part 11 compliance
- Ability to partner with end users to transform an active environment without disrupting business continuity
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence across functions, regions and cultures
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex technical ideas in simple comprehensible terms in order to influence decisions and outcomes
- Cross functional leader and influential decision maker that has direct impact on assets and functions
- Proactively creates and implements sub-strategies to enable the promotion of SQS and DSI vision and mission within TAUs, BUs, and R&D functions
- Mentorship, matrix or direct management of team supporting SQS technology platform
- Leader both within and outside of Takeda in area of expertise for organizational initiatives.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the statistical programming function
- Accountable for decision making for the statistical programming function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy as it applies to statistical programming and statistics
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to statistics, data management, information technology, and the data sciences organization
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Challenge the status quo and propose forward thinking innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Deep expertise required across statistical programming and computing environments
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective and understand and assess impact to statistics organization
- Creates and embeds best practices with data sharing in all decisions regarding computing platforms
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in computer science, statistics, data science or related field with 10+ years of industry related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical programming software (e.g. SAS, R, Python) and common technology platforms
- Intermediate level proficiency in SAS, R, Python or other programming language.
- Proven track record leading end user support for a technical organization
- Experience developing and delivering user training for statistical systems
- Experience with version control applications
- Experience working on AWS and other cloud computing platforms
- Experienced in SDLC methodologies, software validation, SOP authorship, and technical documentation..
- Experienced in managing projects towards process improvements
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
This posting is made in compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Base Salary Range: $137,600 to 196,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.