Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Programming in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda Statistical and Quantitative Sciences (SQS) is looking to add individuals to our team that are team oriented, collaborative, and who are exceptional leaders and innovators within the statistical programming space. Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven, top 10 biopharmaceutical leader committed to discovering and delivering life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
To attract and retain the very best talent, we in Takeda SQS are open to flexible or remote working for some roles. Such roles will have a connection to a Takeda R&D center.
- Design and build applications and dashboards aimed at supporting operational excellence through monitoring of resources, metrics and KPIs to ensure seemless delivery on a complex portfolio
- Evaluate business requirements and translates them into technical specifications and tasks
- Develop integrated solutions to business challenges that may require multiple techniques or application development languages
- Support change requests and debugging of business applications to ensure maximal availability and minimal downtime
- Test applications and related programs through creation of mock-ups, test data, testing scenarios and associated documentation.
- Develop documentation and training materials associated with new processes and tools to ensure consistency in strategy
- Successfully engages cross-functionally to progress tasks with proven influencing skills
- Participate in process improvement initiatives related to the applications of technology, resource management, portfolio support and other key operational drivers
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Solid project management, leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute on plans with limited direction and support
- Proven conceptual thinking and strategic problem-solving ability
- Ability to develop training materials on processes or related applications that are audience appropriate
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to distill technical jargon and communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to a broad range of responsibilities
- Proven ability to adapt to change and manage cultural change in an evolving environment.
- Demonstrated initiative in staying abreast on current industry topics as they relate to functional area
- Drives decisions and implementation plans for the SQS organization that address technology risk identification and reduction through effective mitigation
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and statistical programming ecosystem (e.g., clinical development, the prescription drug distribution process, etc)
- Possess technical expertise at the enterprise level
- Demonstrate expertise in industry trends and regulatory policy initiatives inclused GcP, CRF 21 Part 11 compliance, and other ICH guidelines
- Ability to partner with colleagues and leadership to understand process needs and gaps
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence across functions, regions and cultures
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex technical ideas in simple comprehensible terms in order to influence decisions and outcomes
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the statistical programming function
- Accountable for decision making for the statistical programming function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy as it applies to statistical programming and statistics
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to statistics, data management, information technology, clinical operations, regulatory, and the data sciences organization
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates flexibility in an ever evolving landscape
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Challenge the status quo and propose forward thinking innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Models respect and inclusion in all interactions, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective and understand and assess impact to statistics organization
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS in data science, computer science, statistics or a related field with minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry. MA/MS/MBA a plus.
- Experience in multiple low-code/no-code web application development and dashboard building softwares.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects towards process improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of business modeling, process design and facilitation
- Extensive hands-on experience with process improvement principles and practices
- Experience in developing and delivering exceptional training materials
- Proven experience working with a matrix organization on strategic change management projects
- Experience in problem solving, negotiations, and collaborative team building with stakeholders
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to clinical development
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
This posting is made in compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Base Salary Range: $137,600 to 196,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.