Novartis protects 750 million patients and more than 100,000 employees in over 140 countries.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Effectively and ethically facilitate/implement medical affairs strategies for Sandoz medicines through:
• Serving as a liaison to the medical/scientific community, responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with Medical Experts (MEs), investigators, and other HCPs within the geographic area of coverage
• Ensuring the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding Sandoz compounds in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner
• Implementing clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with other Sandoz/Novartis colleagues for designated customers including investigators
• Pairing key customers’ educational and research needs with available Sandoz resources
• Providing the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries
This will entail significant engagement activities with all Sandoz associated therapeutic area thought leaders and other key stakeholders, presenting information in one-on-one meetings and in public forums. Travel is expected to be >50%
• Develops professional relationships with health care professionals (HCP)/medical experts (MEs) to ensure access to current medical and scientific information regarding Sandoz products and areas of therapeutic interest as aligned with Global and US Medical Affairs strategy. Upon unsolicited request for information, presents data on Sandoz products to HCPs and formulary decision makers or committees. Collaborates with Medical Account Management (MAM), Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), Global Medical Affairs, and Medical Director colleagues as needed
• Responds to customer interest in investigator initiated trials (IITs) in alignment with gap analyses and facilitates process as needed
• Supports product pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities and communication plans per Policy, Medical and External Engagement strategy and tactical plans
• Attends and supports scientific and medical congresses. Maximizes internal and external customer engagement opportunities during medical congress meetings. Contributes to meeting planning and post-meeting deliverables
• Captures, reports and interprets customer insights to inform medical strategy in timely manner
• Leads or participates in projects and/or special initiatives
Ethics and Compliance
• Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same
• Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
• Advanced science/clinical degree required with MD, DO, PhD, or PharmD.
• Effectively present scientific and medical information before large and small audiences. Translate complex scientific/medical concepts to audiences with differing scientific and technical knowledge. Understand the basic clinical development process
Work related experience:
• Minimum 3 years+ of experience in Healthcare Industry, with at least 2 years+ previous MSL experience in the US pharmaceutical industry, strongly preferred
• Clear understanding of regional medical practice, clinical decision-making and healthcare systems affecting patient care
• Ability to establish productive and compliant professional relationships with HCPs/MEs/KOLs and medical/scientific professional societies
• Team player in a multidisciplinary, cross-cultural environment, high level of flexibility
• Innovative, creative and critical thinking, and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail. Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office; MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat)
• Fluency in English required, both excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong collaborative and communicative skills.
This position can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. (there may be some exceptions based on legal entity registration). Please note this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager
766million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.